Ever wonder about those compliments where you're pretty sure the person is totally being sarcastic, but you can't totally be sure, so you have to play along like you're buying their sincerity? That just happened to me.
I got home from work after an exhausting day where they turned off the air (at least in my part of the office) early this afternoon. That was preceeded by an email that the "office" people on the 3rd floor get to close and go home early for the holiday weekend, while we low-lifes in claims get to stick around. BTW, everyone I know outside of my claims office got to go home early today. I was planning to work late, but was so irritated with the regional office closing that I defiantly left on time.
Anyway, I'm hot when I get home, because I've been in a stuffy office all day that was eerily silent without the air on. I get home and am moving two bags of soaking wet mulch from in front of my neighbor's unit into mine and out to my patio. Another neighbor walks by and says I'm such a pretty lady. What? Who says things like that? Especially when I look exactly like I just got home from a long day and am hot and trying to wrestle this huge heavy-ass wet bag of mulch onto my little luggage cart so I can wheel it around to my patio because there's no way I can pick the freakin' thing up. Plus it was muddy and gross because it got left out in the massive thunderstorm we had all night. So needless to say, it was an odd time for such a compliment from a complete stranger.
I don't know what to make of it, but was gracious and said thank you like we're taught to do when we receive a compliment. And it gave me something to blog about. So thanks neighbor lady for the lovely compliment this evening. You're a pretty lady yourself.
I'll wait for a later post to discuss whether or not I'm old enough to be called "lady". Could it be true???
settling in....
-
Jillian is an absolute joy!! She will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. Already
she is growing and changing. We are figuring things out. Thanks to Nana
Ann and ...

No comments:
Post a Comment