Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dilemma of the Day

Bangs or no bangs? That was the question posed to me at the salon today. I went to a new gal at the downtown location, recommended by Heather. Heather has bangs, so this wasn't an entirely unexpected question, but I was not prepared with an answer. I don't love my hair, but I am not convinced bangs are the way to go for me, and I very much dislike hair in my face or in any way getting in my eyes .

Am I ready for a something new that could potentially look ridiculous? The last time I had bangs it took years to grow them out. In fact that's how I can sort my camp photos to figure out which ones go with which year. I started with a perm and bangs the summer after high school, and spent most of the next six years, as evidenced by those camp photos, getting rid of both.

So it was a tough decision. I was given a few good options, including a sort of intermediate step between bang and no bangs. I'll let you wait until the next time you see me to find out what I chose.

No comments: