Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Words to live by

So I'm making myself a little crazy at work, trying to be ahead of the game before my two week vacation at the end of July. I'm trying to get myself to suck it up and do some of the more unpleasant tasks that my job requires.

For some unknown reason, the Bluebird Wish popped into my head when I was telling myself to just finish what I'm doing instead of moving on to something else more pleasant and going back to ignoring what I didn't want to do.

Really, the Bluebird Wish (from my young days in Camp Fire) contains valuable advice for having a good life, and goes something like this:

To have fun.
To learn to make things.
To remember to finish what I begin.
To keep my temper most of the time.
To learn about nature and living outdoors.
To have adventures with people, places, and things.
To make friends.

What more do we need? I think I've done pretty well with most of these. I could be a little better about finishing what I begin, both at work and with my scrapbooks. And I could work on my temper when I'm sitting in traffic with stupid f***ing dumbasses twice a day. But overall, I'd say I've done a pretty good job of living up to the Bluebird Wish, memorized in first grade in order to get my Bluebird pin (which I still have--I'm also not good at remembering to finish what I begin when it comes to cleaning things out or throwing things away). Thanks Sue C. and Sue B. for making us learn that little bit of wisdom before we could know what it really meant.

No comments: