Someone told me it's June now. Look outside and I'd guess it's January. Yes, here in the Northwest we are never, ever, under any circumstances satisfied with the weather. But honestly, you should see how much rain is coming down right now. It's the kind of rain people in other parts of the county assume is always happening here. Except for today. Oh, and sometimes in January or February.
I know it's raining hard when I can actually hear it on the ledge outside my window at work over people talking in my headset, and it sounded like hail. I also know it's raining hard when the parking lot floods and I have to wade through 4 inches of water to get to my car to go home. I also know it's raining hard when I actually pull out and use the umbrella that I occassionally keep in my unusually large handbag (and share with a lady I've never met before who was getting soaked getting to her car, not that it mattered much cause our shoes and socks were done for in the HUUUUGE puddle that was our parking lot). I also know it's raining hard when the backup to get on the freeway goes all way to the light at the end of the street the office is on. (Just kidding, this happens all the time, even when it has stopped raining, might start raining, is thinking about being cloudy, or you can see the sun.) And I know it's raining hard when my patio has water halfway up it, and it's touching my outdoor rug. Of course I brought on this unnecessary rain by actually watering my plants yesterday.
Serioulsy, it's June?
settling in....
-
Jillian is an absolute joy!! She will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. Already
she is growing and changing. We are figuring things out. Thanks to Nana
Ann and ...

No comments:
Post a Comment