Monday, June 9, 2008

Lost

I've lost a library book. Not a surprise under normal circumstances, certainly not the first time this has happened. But I just paid off the $7.00 in fines I have accumulated since moving out of my dad's house in 1994. I still use the King County Library card that I probably got around 1982, even though I now live in Snohomish County. Lucky for me, they never really ask, and if they do, I still know Dad's address, and it's actually still on my driver's license.

Anway, how the hell have I lost a library book this time? My place has never been this tidy, so there truly are not very many places it could be. I've checked them all several times now, and even emptied my desk, just in case. I last saw it in the bottom drawer of that desk, but now it's nowhere to be found. Grrr. 10 cents a day if I don't find it by Wednesday.

1 comment:

RaShelley said...

You need to make the move to the Everett Library. When I was late with a book I asked about the fact that I was late and she said "well we are pretty nice with the late charges" as long as you get it in around the time it is due it isn't a big deal.