July 1 will be a tough day for my lovely sister. California (and Washington, so extra lucky she's not moving here I guess!) are enacting laws banning the use of handheld cellphones while driving. In California they can actually pull you over and fine you just for that. Here you have to be doing something else wrong, but I don't imagine that would be hard to establish given what I see on the road every day.
But it's lucky for me T is moving to Oregon in August, or else I may never get to talk to her again. I can't remember the last time I had a phone conversation with my sister where she wasn't driving, getting gas, or in the grocery store.
And maybe we won't have as many long phone coversations because she'll live closer? Or maybe we'll have more because she's moved to a new place and I'm planning a wedding so there's tons to talk about? Time will tell, but I'm glad my access to her won't be cut off by the cellphone laws of CA and WA.
settling in....
-
Jillian is an absolute joy!! She will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. Already
she is growing and changing. We are figuring things out. Thanks to Nana
Ann and ...

2 comments:
Well, sister, before you criticize me for calling while I'm driving, why don't you tell me the last time YOU called me? You know, beyond returning MY phone call?
I called you two weeks ago from home, and we had a lovely chat. It was a Tuesday. :)
yeah, well that's because what are the chances that I would catch you while you're in the car? :)
Post a Comment