Wednesday, June 18, 2008

broken

Well it officially needs to turn into summer now. I'm sick of this rain AND my only comfy pair of everyday closed-toe black shoes are broken. I noticed this yesterday afternoon while sitting in Judge Orlando's courtroom 411 in Pierce County Superior Court. I drove all that way for a completely useless settlement conference, and got out just in time to enjoy my 60 mile drive home at the height of rush hour traffic. But anyway, as I was sitting there waiting for our attorney to arrive, and hoping he did before the judge got pissed, I looked down and saw my shoe split completely across the bottom of the sole.

So, while I did go shopping as a consolation prize and to break up the mind-numbing commute yesterday, I didn't buy any new shoes. So it just needs to become summer immediately, because I have plenty of open-toed black shoes that would be just lovely to be able to wear without freezing or soaking. So come on seriously, sun?

No comments: