Anyone who advocates not using a realtor and selling on your own is dead wrong. At least in this market. My condo looks awesome right now. It's never looked so good, and it's all thanks to my agent who has just spent two days here staging my home. I wish I could live in it now, instead of tiptoeing around so I don't disturb anything.
I think she spent twenty minutes steaming the bedspread she brought in. I would never in a million years steam my bedspread. At least I don't think I would. But that's probably why she had to bring in a new one. Now I'm not sure, am I still allowed to sleep in my bed? Because when I leave for work in the morning, everything needs to look perfect. If I need to have the seven decorative pillows arranged perfectly and the bedspread wrinkle-free, it's just not going to work out. So I think I'll sleep on the couch. But even there, I'm afraid that I might not arrange the pillows and throw blankets just right. Or that I might stay up too late watching tv, which won't help me get up early in the morning.
It's such a dilemma now. I love the way my place looks, but I'm afraid to spend any time here in case I mess it up. She even put lemons in the bowl on my patio table! It's amazing, and makes me want to hire a decorator after we buy a house. Hah!
To do in the morning:
Make sure the lights are *on* when I leave (this will be hard)
Make sure the towels from my shower are stashed away, so that only the pretty unused ones can be seen
Make sure I don't leave any breakfast dishes out
Make sure the curtains are pulled back just so, and tied with the tassled thingys she brought, and that the blinds in the bedrooms are open just enough
Make sure my computer is stashed away and nothing is on the coffee table
Put away everything in the bathroom (hairbrush, makeup, and all that jazz)
And I guess I'd better not be indecisive about what I'm going to wear in the morning, cause I'm not going to have time to hang back up any of the rejects, but I sure can't leave anything on that bed
Any bets on how late for work I will be? But seriously, anyone out there reading this, keep your fingers crossed that a buyer comes along soon who really wants to live in my now-awesome-looking condo!
settling in....
-
Jillian is an absolute joy!! She will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. Already
she is growing and changing. We are figuring things out. Thanks to Nana
Ann and ...

1 comment:
I know how you feel - everytime my house is cleaned up I think "I love my house".
Steamed your bedspread??? Yikes!
Post a Comment