Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cellphone, Episode 2

So my dad called again, and this time I answered. It was convenient because I was sitting in my car in the parking lot waiting for the people looking at my condo (for the 3rd time!) to finish. (they will be making an offer, so keep your fingers crossed that it's a good one!!!).

So anyway, my dad called. We chatted about the trip from hell they're having, but luckily they are fine, even if they got a hotel room that had a plugged up toilet. They got moved, and it sounds like things are fine, if not all that comfortable. I also talked to Suzanne, gave an update on the cats and got some more scoop on their trip and the drama.

So then I hang up and go inside, put away my groceries and put on my pajamas. My dad calls again, and I miss the call, but he leaves a message with some encouragement about the condo.

So I'm watching QVC cause I'm not into Lost and there's nothing else on, and I want to distract myself from obsessing over the condo offer. My dad calls again. And he's totally surprised to be talking to me, because he dialed a hotel in Watson Lake, Yukon Territory. Now I have no idea where that is, and earlier tonight asked them if they were still in Alaska. Learned the Yukon Territory is definitely in Canada, so I'm going to remember that one for Canadian Thanksgiving in October. I'm pretty sure naming the provinces was one of the questions last year, so at least I've got one of them now.

Lesson is that my dad really still can't use the cellphone. He said he punched in the number for the hotel, but I answered the phone. Wish I could book them a room, my guest room sounds a lot cooler than the hotel they're in tonight.

Oh and T, Dad says to tell you hi and they are fine. I'm sure he'll call you in the next couple days, they are trying to avoid too many international roaming charges (although I did get 3 calls tonight, and an instruction not to answer if it happens again).

No comments: