It was supposed to snow last night and all day today. It was supposed to snow a lot. It didn't snow at all until about 4:00. Why? Apparantly the central puget sound area is in a "doughnut", as described by our trusty weathermen, and therefore shielded from the snow storm by the shadow created by the Olympic Mountains. Why doesn't that work for rain? When it's raining, I live in a "convergence zone", where it all comes together to create a yummy wet mess. I like how they get to make up new words every time the weather doesn't do what's predicted. I've lived here my whole life, and this is the first I've heard about a doughnut. Couldn't it rain doughnuts? Now that would be fun.
Oh, and check this out, where we get made fun of my the AP: http://www.kirotv.com/news/18301246/detail.html
My favorite is the last bit about Pemco, a local insurance company, coming out with instructions on how best to abandon your car. Awesome!
settling in....
-
Jillian is an absolute joy!! She will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. Already
she is growing and changing. We are figuring things out. Thanks to Nana
Ann and ...

No comments:
Post a Comment