Sunday, May 10, 2009

To watch or Not to watch?

I have a wedding dilemma. Yeah, the wedding is now old news, but I'm still having to make decisions. We decided at sort of the last minute to have a wedding video. Mostly so we could take it with us to North Dakota to show E's family and friends who were unable to make it out here for the actual event.

So I now have this video in my possession, and I don't know if I should watch it. I feel like I should, so I can preview what others will be seeing. And maybe there will be touching or funny moments that I didn't see or don't remember that will be fun to watch. But I also don't think I'm ready to replace my memories of that day. I like the way I remember it, and what if I see the video and hate the way I look, or the way the ceremony sounded, or whatever. Then my happy fun beautiful perfect memories of the day will be replaced by the reality of the video.

We got our photos a couple weeks ago and I feel like that was a taste of what the video will bring. And denial is my friend, so I haven't felt like I needed to watch the video, yet. But we're heading to ND soon, and shouldn't I see the video before everyone else does???

Thoughts?

1 comment:

carrieann123 said...

I've seen the video and you look amazing in it :) I remember watching mine for the first time and feeling a little sick to my stomach, but I'm glad I did. I really don't think it'll affect your memories - it'll just enhance them. But again, I can say that because I've already seen it :)