We've been working hard on wedding planning and such. We tasted cake and booked a baker this weekend. Yum! A few weeks ago we settled on a hotel for our out of town guests, and made some progress on decorations for the reception. We also got save the date cards! I'm of course still working on getting all of mine mailed, but E was right on top of his. At least most of my guests are in town, so really the card is more of an fyi than a "hey, get your travel booked now!" card.
Other steps toward becoming a grown-up family: we combined our cellphone plans. I got a new phone with a keyboard, because I'm a terrible texter. The keyboard rocks, and I can't imagine going back to a phone without it, even though I've only had it two weeks. We also bought a kitchenaid mixer today. I know, there's one on our registry, but honestly, we can't imagine anyone spending that much on a gift for us, and the deal on QVC today was too good to pass up. We got the professional version, which I find hilarious, but it looks cool, and can make a lot of food at one time, so it will be great in case I suddenly love cooking or we accidentally have a lot of kids. I can't wait to make 8 pounds of mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving this year!!!!
settling in....
-
Jillian is an absolute joy!! She will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. Already
she is growing and changing. We are figuring things out. Thanks to Nana
Ann and ...

No comments:
Post a Comment