My commute is approximately 11 miles. On any given day, this might take me 20 minutes, or an hour and a half. Today was not one of the better days, but certainly not the worst. But, I was almost in 3 separate accidents on the way home.
1. Nearly sideswiped on 405, luckily I honked and he swerved back into his lane.
2. Very nearly rear-ended on the ramp from 405 to I-5, probably because the backup to get to the ramp caused traffic to stop on 405. Luckily that guy swerved onto the shoulder.
3. Just when I thought I was home free, a mere 4 or so blocks from my parking space, someone attempts a left turn in front of me. Now, I know my headlights work, so come on people.
I know I need a job, and still hope to like my job again someday, but I'm pretty busy these days, so everyone can just get their heads together and stop having accidents for a little while. I'll send out a notice when I'm caught up on my current investigations and evaluations, and everyone can then resume driving like idiots, forgetting to look where they're going, and eating/talking/smoking/shaving and whatnot while driving on the freeway in the rainy darkness. Just work with me people.
settling in....
-
Jillian is an absolute joy!! She will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. Already
she is growing and changing. We are figuring things out. Thanks to Nana
Ann and ...

No comments:
Post a Comment