Monday, August 11, 2008

What in the world

are these "sports" doing in the Olympics?

Badminton. Who decides to dedicate their life to being best in the world at a yard game?
Synchronized Diving. Really?
Trampoline. Again, what's with the yard games?
Same goes for Table Tennis. Belongs in a frat house, in manland, in basements, but the Olympics?
Handball. Is this glorified dodgeball for kids who couldn't give up the playground games?
Sailing. A snooty activity, one I wish I could afford, but an Olympic sport? I'll bet the waters of China are a lovely place to sail though. And those guys must really train hard.
Baseball. We already have the World Series, so what's the point? Plus, it's boring to watch.

Why the winter Olympics are so much better and includes actual sports or interesting activites:
Hockey (ice, not field)
Figure Skating
Speed Skating
the snowboarding freestyle race thingy they added last time
Ski jumping
Bobsled
Luge
Since it'll be just next door in 2010, I'm hoping to make it to some tiny event. Vancouver is soooo much cooler than Beijing, and Whistler is even cooler than that.

No comments: