Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Vacation

So I'm back. It was 10 days of city and country lake fun with E's family and friends. Highlights include:

The QVC store at the Mall of America


Meeting the guy who will marry us
Hearing my first loon call
Sunset cruises on a pontoon boat with a drink, a camera and great company, with a toast to the end of each day.
Winning Apples to Apples. The winning card: Being in Love, and the category: Spiritual
Outdoor showers
$1.75 beers at the American Legion Hall in Fargo
The next day, drank my first and last Hamms
Watching a daddy longlegs haul a kernel of corn away
Rain at the lake
Wading across the Mississippi River

I'm looking forward to the next trip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way, if you would like a photo of you and E watching the daddy long legs event I will certainly get that to you!!

It was fun seeing you again! I look forward to the next time...will that be NDSU homecoming in October?

Amy said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time! Loons are something, aren't they ~ I love their call, something I won't be hearing here in Qatar!