Monday, April 7, 2008

Smeltie!

This is where I went this weekend:



With these two gorgeous girls:


The weekend went like this:

Thursday--drove to Idaho. Paula made garlic bread.

Friday--stopped at Krispy Kreme to satisfy Jamie's craving. Jamie lives 2 blocks from a Krispy Kreme here in Seattle, yet had to drive all the way to Idaho to want one. Paula was unimpressed with the donut-flavored coffee. I enjoyed my "fling" donut. From there we went shopping in Spokane, where Paula did not buy shoes for her brother's wedding (this weekend, in Florida). But, she did have her first trip inside Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn. Someone needs to move to Seattle!

And then there was Paula's first trip inside a liquor store. I wish had that photo because it was awesome. We also had to stop by a really stinky grocery store to get mixers. I can't believe anyone has to work inside there, it was truly nasty. I had to hold my sweater over my face to walk through the place. Paula says that's what you get when you go to the bad part of town to find a liquor store.

The rest of the night involved Eminem music and break-dancing. Those photos will not be posted for obvious dorky reasons. We suck. Bad. But still concluded that there is no one else we could ever break dance on the kitchen floor with.

Saturday---went to Silver Mountain and rode the longest gondola in the world to the top. It takes you from the parking lot, which was very awesome. You can also get a bagel and cream cheese at the coffee shop there for $1. Amazing!

It was April 5th, but freezing and snowing. I packed for spring conditions, which wasn't what I found there. But we watched some pond-skimming, which kept us entertained until it was our time for tubing.




I liked this guy best, and call him Garbage Pants. He duct taped garbage bags to his sweat pants. I guess he was feeling optimistic he was going to make it across that pond. It was damn funny when they pulled him out though, and those garbage bags were full of freezing water.

At the end of the day, we had the best hot chocolate I've ever had.




Thanks girls, for an awesome weekend! See you next time at Marshall Mansion! And I'll be practicing my Clue game....

1 comment:

matt iv said...

i'd love to see the breakdancing photos! Sounds like a great time.