Monday, July 6, 2009

Must have missed something

I must have missed a day in driver's ed 18 or so years ago. The way I remember it, green means "go". I'm sure I must have missed the day when the instructor clarified that it really means "take your foot off the gas and slow down, brake if you want to to slow down some more, and see what you can do to make sure the light turns red before you get there". Are people out driving just for the hell of it? Don't they have somewhere to be?

4 comments:

Happy Camper said...

They do it to torture us. Kind of like people who slow down on the parts of the freeway that are typically backed up, even if there isn't actually a backup at the time. Because there *might* be a backup.

Smiling Geezer said...

Isn't that nice.

Two thirty-somethings whining about traffic.

They should never have problems that actually matter.

This ol' man has fought traffic since before these two were born.

In my dotage, I drive however I please. Generally, that's slow.

Hell, I can't see. No reflexes. Whadday want me to do? Get off the road?

Not bloody likely, 'cuz the other side of it is if you wanna race, lemme know.

I got the car and the cojones to do it. Well, maybe not the car, but damn sure the other. Cut me off in traffic? Do so at your peril.

The other thing is, I'm closely related to one of the posters here.

I don't take prisoners. Mess with the bull, get the horns.

:)

Smiling

Smiling Geezer said...

Hmmmph.

Buncha thirty-somethings railing about traffic.

This geezer thinks it's a disguised comment about people older than them.

Thing that gets my dander up (most of you will have to look up "dander")
is all the angst.

If ya' cant' stand traffic, move to Topeka. Otherwise, quit bitching.

A relative of one of the posters here.

:)

Smiling Geezer said...

Well, damn.

Somehow, I posted twice.

Y'all will, of course, suppose thazz a sign of a geezer.

Well, piss off, What I'm sayin'.

Ya' have any idea how hard it is to be a smiling geezer?

It's a job of work.

Sorry for posting twice. Ah'm tryin' to figger out this here blog thing.

Don't snicker. I watched while all of you made messes everywhere as you tried to figure out how to pee in the toilet instead of the cat's litter box.

SG