Friday, February 6, 2009

Nature in my house

I don't like nature in my house. I generally like nature, most of it anyway, but not inside where it doesn't belong. But I still have a hard time terminating nature merely due to my irrational fears.

So yesterday morning when I got up, there was a tiny spider in the bathroom on the wall. I decided I was feeling kind on a lovely Thursday morning, and that I would leave it be. Not like me at all, normally I would take it ouside where it can live its life peacefully where it belongs, which is not in my house. Won't happen again.

I left it there, and closed the bathroom door when I left for work so it wouldn't escape. Came home oh, maybe 9 hours later, opened the bathroom door and there's a BIG spider in there. Either spiders grow very, very, very fast, or I have multiple spiders in my bathroom. I'm not sure which is worse. Maybe the big one ate the little one? Maybe the little one became the big one by the time I got home?

And, the really irrational thing is that I *still* left it in there. Closed the door again and went to E's place. Now I'm home, and I only have one bathroom in my condo, so I'm going to have to go in there eventually, but I'm afraid to open the door. How big will it be this time? What if it already escaped, and I'm going to run into it somewhere else where I'm unprepared? Maybe I should just go back to E's now....

No comments: