Thursday, February 7, 2008

I love Top Gun

I've owned the movie Top Gun for quite some time now. Unfortunately, I own it on VHS, and I can't hook up the VCR Suzanne gave me, so I can't watch it. Since I finally joined Netflix last month, I decided it was time to see it again.

I have some questions, should I ever have the good fortune of meeting someone who has been to the real Top Gun, or whatever they call it now. That part of the movie scrolled by too fast, so I can't remember what they really call it now, but it's too bad they changed the name. Anyway:

1) Do they really have fun nicknames on their helmets? Do they choose their own nicknames or are they chosen for them?

2) Do they haze the new students by making them sing "You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling"? If not, they should.

3) Has anyone really flipped off a mig while flying upside down?

4) And could someone actually manage a Polaroid while doing this? I don't know much about it, but it seems the g-forces or something might make that difficult.

5) What really happens if you buzz the tower without autho?

6) Are the bad guys really called "bogeys"? Isn't this Brisith for booger? I'm pretty sure it is, at least in Harry Potter.

7) What's the coolest call sign out there these days?

8) Is everyone really sweaty all the time? Or is this just in the movies?

Those are just my thoughts after seeing the movie for the first time in many years. Stay tuned for my questions about Dirty Dancing.

No comments: